Wednesday, February 20, 2008

Blessings & Detours


Okay, so I'm entering the blog world. I added some of our favorite pictures and accidentally turned this page into a photo album. Looking at the pictures and reflecting on all of the things we've done was really nostalgic and made me so grateful for my life. Dealing with infertility and/or waiting to adopt can be really hard since we both love kids and have looked forward to having them for so long, but looking back on all the good times- I'm so thankful that we were able to share that time together. Our relationship has become so strong from our struggles. On one particularly hard day I wrote this sort of goal about my intentions for the future and parts of it read, "According to God's will and our diligence...we will work, save, become educated and enjoy our freedom as a childless couple. When and how our children come to us, is irrelevant [like biologically or adopted- in 2 days or 2 years- I've learned those are all minor details.] We will have built up an unshakable foundation for our family through the strength gained from our struggles. Fond memories will have been made as acouple with things that are easier done when there are just tow fo us. (Like relaxing vacations, time alone and sleeping in.)
And, finally, the children our hearts and empty arms have ached for will surely come exactly at the time when they were always meant to come. Through the pain of this journey, we will greatly realize the joy."
Learning to be happy even when it's hard to see past the crazy detours that life throws in our direction is the goal. Enjoy the different scenery you'll experience instead of dwelling on any disappointment.
Tonight I was able to go to the hospital to see the first nephew on my husband's side of the family. We got to go into the nursery and I was the first to hold the sweet bundled baby boy!!! (other than his mom and dad and Dr.) He was so beautiful and it was so awesome to feel that baby in my arms! Words can't really express it- but I think babies seem to embody a piece of heaven- and Brett even said seeing his new nephew was, "like a spiritual experience."
We will totally love it when it's our turn, but until then, we're having a great time with just the two of us!

No comments: