Saturday, September 13, 2008

5 Days Old...

Yesterday was awesome because Weston seemed to really respond to Brett and my voice. We have been with him as much as possible and read or sing or talk to him and so I think he really knows who we are. He even opened his eyes and started to look around when I first got there & I started to talk to him. (Brett was jelous because he was at work. But he went back up really late and he did blink his eyes a little bit.) Considering he's been highly sedated since shortly after he was born and we haven't really seen him awake since those first two or three hours, I was so excited to see him open his eyes, yawn, and start to stir! They're starting to wean him off of the ventilators and meds, and his chest x-rays and GAS (blood) tests looked lovely yesterday! GOOD JOB, BABY! I think being awake made him really tired though, and he was pretty asleep the rest of the day.

Holding Brett and Aunt Laura's hands.
Vesna brought me a huge surprise when she came to visit...Our friend Setareh from out of town!!! She got there just in time to see him with his eyes open.
The sunset as I was leaving the hospital last night.
We're hoping to keep getting "green lights" for Weston's healing.

1 comment:

~Our Family~ said...

Oh he is a gorgeous little man.. Thanks for all the updates on the little man.. I can't wait for you to take him home..