Tuesday, September 30, 2008

Welcome Home Weston!!!


On Saturday, Sept 27, 2008 Weston was allowed to go home from the hospital for the first time. After a quick examination from the Resident Dr. he was declared fit to leave the hospital. No longer a patient, but a free man (uh, Baby!).
Upon discharge, he was carried down the hall by hospital staff (see below). They inspected the car seat and placement to make sure that he would obtain maximum safety and let the new family on their way. It was a bright afternoon and the sun shone in the car as Mommy rode side by side with him to make sure that he handled the ride well.
After saying that he can be taken on walks as long as crowds are avoided, they asked if the little family had anything special planned. "I think we are going to the park." was Brett's reply. "He's never been outside before," Nicky added. And that's exactly what they did.
After a quick stroll around Liberty Park, and stopping only to watch a Capoeira circle (from a distance), Brett and Nicky knew they'd better get home before Weston got hungry.

The stroller in this photo was closed except for when we took pictures in the shade.




He also had a few visitors (as seen above)

When all was said and done, Weston sighed, as if to say:

What a big day! I'm exhausted.
by: Brett

11 comments:

Colin, Jess, Kenner, Lily and Ember said...

Oh my goodness, how exciting!! I can't believe he's finally home. I can't wait to be able to see more photos and see how he grows, he's the cutest little man.

dust and kam said...

Welcome Home Weston! That is so exciting and he is so cute! Look at all his cute hair! I love it!

Jodi Nelson said...

What a very special day, you won't ever forget!!!

NurseNana said...

Congratulations!!! I'm so excited for you! I'm sorry I didn't get to spoil him just a tiny bit more before he went home but I'm sure you'll more than make up for it! Thanks so much for letting me take care of him. He's a sweet baby. Hugs all around! Karla (aka NurseNana)

Malone and Brittany said...

Congratulations you two! I can't wait until we're in the same position someday. Thanks for keeping us all updated through your blog! It provides a lot of hope for those of us 2ofus4now members. Congratulations again!

Katie said...

Yay! I am so happy for the 3 of you to finally be able to start your "normal" life at home. And he is still adorable! Congrats!

Jeff said...
This comment has been removed by the author.
Shelly said...

I linked to your blog from 2ofu4now and figured this would be the better way to congratulate you (then I accidentally posted from my husband's account-oops). Hope you don't mind.

CONGRATULATIONS!!! Sounds like a crazy couple of weeks, but how great to have him home. BTW LOVE the picture with Brett holding Weston where all you see is Brett's hands and Weston's head. ADORABLE!

Congrats again!!

andrea said...

Hi, I came across your link from the setting up a blog on cricut MB, congrats on your new liitle bundle of joy.
Andrea

Kristen and Erik Cambridge said...

Congratulations! He is so cute! You two are going to be such great parents! He is very lucky to have you! Congratulations on having your new baby home with you!

Karen said...

what a wonderful and beauitful blog you really do have something special and one day e will be so grateful to you

I'm adopted and I know just how special and lucky he will feel when he grows up to have you all as his family

CONG'S to you all

Karen Haywood Tasmania Australia