Monday, December 8, 2008

3 Months Old



Who says you can't play dress up with boys? LOL








I can't believe it's been 3 months since Weston was born, but in some ways it seems like Weston's been our baby forever. I tell him to stay little, but he defies me by the minute it seems. He's getting to be so BIG! He's so cute! My love for him never ceases to amaze me as it grows every day. His eyes really are full of wonder lately as he's discovered lights on Christmas Trees and smiles big and GOO's and AAAUUUOOOOh's. He loves the weekends because he gets lots of Daddy time. He just can't get enough of Daddy's voice fluctuation and stories and funny noises. He is definitely a Daddy's boy and I just love to see the two of them interact- it keeps me laughing all the time. It's been quite a while since I posted, but we've just been wrapped up in enjoying every moment with our baby and Brett's busy with finals this week.

Even though Weston is too young to remember the Holidays- just having a baby makes every Holiday so exciting and special! We've already enjoyed Halloween & Thanksgiving together and I can't wait for Christmas! We are definitely on cloud 9 every day we have together as a family.


12/16/08



My heart goes out to the South Jordan couple who got their 6 month old adopted baby boy taken away from them. The birth dad did not sign the adoption papers and the bmom did, but changed her mind afterwards. Since Native American laws to protect children worked in thier favor to trump state laws for this legal adoption, the boy was removed from his home with his adoptive parents. Funny thing is, he won't even be raised by the birthparents, but most likely a relative or someone else in the tribe because bmom is unfit due to addictions and bdad has no intentions of raising him. It's just so hard to understand why the bparents would take him away from his happy home just so he can be put in someone else's home who probably isn't in an ideal situation to care for the child like the parents who were waiting, hoping, and praying for 5 years for a child. And on a less important note, but to add to the adoptive parents devastation, the adoption fees were THOUSANDS and thousands of dollars, plus he wasn't born healthy due to bmoms drug use and so even more thousands of dollars in hospital bills came and they will be left with all of those, and without a child.

Makes me feel so grateful all over again (as if I ever stopped) for Weston's birthparents who have been so great, and the blessing that our adoption has gone so smoothly it has. They have truly and selflessly had Weston's best interest in mind. Brett and I will always try to live up to being the best parents we can be.





1 comment:

Jodi Nelson said...

That story is so sad!! I totally agree you can play dress up :0) he he