Wednesday, April 16, 2008

The Caterpillar

I like this little poem that reminds us life was made to turn us into something beautiful.

THE CATERPILLAR

It has taken me twenty-four hours of steady,Determined crawling to even reach this greenery,YET HE TELLS ME I CAN SOAR ABOVE ALL THAT.

Today, I feel so clumsy, and disjointed,So weak as I pushed along the ground,YET HE TELLS ME I CAN SOAR ABOVE ALL THAT.

Furthermore, it is taking the coordinated effort of All my many legs to climb these branches without falling,YET HE TELLS ME I HAVE PERFECT BALANCE.

Occasionally, I have fallen into a tangle of thorns Where I couldn't see the sun for days and the long climb out was painful,YET HE TELLS ME SOMEDAY I WILL BE UP WHERE THE SUN IS FOREVER AND THE PAIN WILL ALL BE GONE.
Often I see my own reflection in the dew drops on the leaves.And I look so wrinkled and fuzzy, and plain,YET HE TELLS ME I AM BEAUTIFUL.

It is true that I have, a time or two when I have glanced upward from the ground,caught a glimpse of someone so delicate, so exquisitely beautiful, lighting,with perfect balance on a blade of grass above me. And then with quiet strength, Rising upward and expanding to absorb the sun's rays and radiate it's light. It is in those fleeting moments,As I inch my way along,That my heart tells me what my mind does not know,And it is then that I truly believe him when HE TELLS ME I HAVE WINGS. By: Sue Swinton

No comments: