Wednesday, September 17, 2008

Our Angel Baby

Our Angel Baby Tanning Under the Jandice Lights.
The lion toy you see in the background was a special present from his first roomate, baby Payton. His parents brought it to us. It also came with a cute card that is written like their baby is writing to Weston. It said, "Dear Weston, I hope you are well. I left rather quickly on Friday and my parents and I didn't really get to say goodbye...Take care of yourself and it was nice to room with you, let me know how you are." and they left their phone #. That is so unbelievably thoughtful for his parents to think of us, especially considering they have twins in the hospital! Mom and Dad always wanting to hold his hand
Cool Dude catchin' some rays.
The machine he's on now is called CPAP. (You can see the tubes and head gear. His eye coverings are to protect him from the lamp. The thing sticking out the top of his head is an IV.) He did SO wonderfully on CPAP yesterday and last night that when I see him today he will be on a regular cannula (sp?)!!
That means I'll get to hold him and start to teach him to bottle feed!
Last night Weston got to meet Grandma (Nicky's mom) and brother Bryan and Cindy. They were very jet lagged, flying in from England but came straight from the airport to see him and they all love him so much!
Oh ya, when he was on the ventilators all the tubes down his throat blocked his vocal cords making it impossible for Weston to make any noise. Well, now he can. It's been fun to hear his little voice, and whimpers and cries. He complains once in a while, which they like because it means that he's feeling better and he's a determined fighter. I can't remember if it was the charge nurse or the Dr but yesterday they said something like, "He was the sickest baby in here at one time, but now he's progressing so quickly!" It's true. At first he was often surrounded by different Dr.'s and nurses coming in and out or gathering around and trying to figure out how to stabilize him, now everyone is so delighted at his speedy progress! I am so thankful for this and I know that the many prayers and love sent our way has been heard and felt. Thank You. I think this hard start has made his parents stronger, and I'm sure it will make Weston stronger as well.

4 comments:

Melinda said...

He is such a cool dude with those shades. He is adorable and so sweet. It's great to know he is doing so well.

Melinda said...

He's already getting ready to pick up chicks with those great glasses.

Katie said...

So sweet! I can't wait for these updates. Hope things are continuing to improve.

Elizabeth and Brian said...

I hope that no news is good news.